This week I recreated Joshua Weissman’s Cinnamon rolls for my girlfriend who recently bought us a new oven since our old one hasn’t worked for years. It was her only demand and I was more then happy to accommodate. Bellow is the Snapchat video I made while baking it. Please refer to the recipe below this video for complete instructions.
Joshua Weissman’s cinnamon rolls.
- stand mixer
- 580 grams All Purpose Flour I used High Gluten flour to give it a little more chew.
- 107 grams Granulated Sugar
- 6 grams Fine Sea Salt
- 84 grams Unsalted Butter
- 235 grams Luke Warm Whole Milk 100f
- 7 grams Instant Yeast 9 grams if using dry active yeast.
- 2 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 225 grams Brown Sugar
- 17 grams Cinnamon
- 84 grams Unsalted Butter
Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze
- 115 grams Cream Cheese
- 90 grams Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Original recipe calls for a half of a vanilla bean striped of it;s seeds. Since I had none I used extract instead.
- 45 ml Whole Milk
- To a stand mixer bowl add flower, sugar and salt. Whisk until combined. Once combined add 84g of softened butter. Incorporate with two forks.
- In a cup add 235g of milk warmed to 100f and add yeast. Stir until dissolved.
- Mix flower on medium low speed in stand mixer using the dough hook. Add yeast and milk mixture and eggs.
- Mix for 3-4 min or until dough is smooth.
- Plop dough into lightly flowered surface and kneed for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Roll into a ball and place into lightly greased bowl and cover with damp towel or plastic wrap.
- Let rise for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Whisk until Incorporated.
Back to the Dough
- Lightly flour a surface and place your degassed dough onto it. Flatten dough and roll out a rectangle a little over 1/4 inch thick. Spread 84g of softened butter onto dough.
- Take cinnamon/sugar and spread onto the dough evenly across the surface.
- Tightly roll up from the long side until you have a thick log. Then using a serrated blade cut 2 inch size slices. ( 12 rolls )
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and line pan with rolls into even rows of 3. Face tails towards each other and cover with plastic wrap for 30-45 min or until 1 1/2 times original size.
- Remove wrap and place into oven at 375f for 15-20 min or until golden brown. Cool for 15 min.
- Whip cream cheese on high speed until smooth. Blend in powdered sugar until smooth then mix in 45ml of whole milk. Once smoothed add half a vanilla bean ( 1 tsp vanilla extract if no bean ) scraped of it's seeds and whisk in.
- Drizzle on the warm rolls after the 15 min of cooling time is over.